KOKOMO, Ind. — Registration is open for a two-day Certified Pool Operator course (CPO®) offered by Ivy Tech Community College. The course will meet from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 14 and 21 with instructor Marc Hayden, a CPO® certified instructor and owner of Cabana Boy Pool Services in Plymouth, Ind. The cost is $359 per person, which includes all instruction, training materials and certification exam.
The CPO® certification course is designed to provide individuals with the basic knowledge, techniques and skills of pool and spa operations. The Certified Pool/Spa Operator® certification program has delivered more training than any other program in the pool and spa industry since 1972, resulting in more than 282,000 successful CPO® certifications in 64 countries. Many state and local health departments accept the CPO® certification program to meet their requirements to operate a public swimming pool or spa.
The CPO® certification course covers pool and spa chemistry, testing, treatment, filtration, maintenance, automatic feeding equipment and government requirements. Additionally, the course includes the written open-book examination to achieve certification that is valid for five years.
Below is a partial list of benefits of obtaining the CPO® credential.
• Widely accepted by local and state authorities
• Covers topics necessary for pool operators including a section for local and state codes
• Includes a comprehensive handbook
• Taught by a CPO® instructor certified by the National Swimming Pool Foundation
• Results in certification recognized nationally and internationally
• Provides participants with a better understanding of the operator’s role in pool care, management and risk reduction
• Reduces health safety violations
For more information, contact Mike Federspill at 765-459-0561, ext. 233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.